Launchpad !

Reaction score
I know how to delete icons of programs bought at the App-store. I have though an icon on launchpad that appears twice and I want to delete one of them, it's the Photoshop's uninstall icon. How can I uninstall this icon ???

John.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Why would you want to have the uninstall icon in the Dock?

Regardless, if you drag it to your desktop it should disappear.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi,

It's not in the Dock but on the Launchpad, and Photoshop did install it there !!

John.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Launchpad is just a mirror of the Applications folder. So, if you open Finder and browse to Applications, you should be able to remove the extraneous icon.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sorry, but it is not in the Applications folder !!

John.

If you downloaded it from the Mac App Store, then you should be able to remove it by clicking and holding on the icon. It should start to wiggle and should show an "X" at the upper-corner of it. Click the X to get rid of it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi,

I did install the program from DVD, so it is impossible to delete the icon in Launchpad the way to delete an icon bought at the App store. The other icons of Photoshop are visible in the Application's folder but the Uninstall icon is not, this icon is only visible in Launchpad an as I said before there are two of those icons in Launchpad, and I like to get rid off one of them !

John.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Hi,

I did install the program from DVD, so it is impossible to delete the icon in Launchpad the way to delete an icon bought at the App store. The other icons of Photoshop are visible in the Application's folder but the Uninstall icon is not, this icon is only visible in Launchpad an as I said before there are two of those icons in Launchpad, and I like to get rid off one of them !

John.

Install AppCleaner. It's for free and very useful. I highly recommend it. After installing run it and put it in the dock. Now, click launchpad then drag and drop it to AppCleaner (in dock). You can view it in your desktop and delete the item.

Trash will not accept drag and drop when in launchpad. AppCleaner will.

-Lanz

OP
J
Reaction score
Install AppCleaner. It's for free and very useful. I highly recommend it. After installing run it and put it in the dock. Now, click launchpad then drag and drop it to AppCleaner (in dock). You can view it in your desktop and delete the item.

Trash will not accept drag and drop when in launchpad. AppCleaner will.

-Lanz

Sorry. I tried to do this but it did not work, I cannot remove the second Photoshop uninstall icon, well I think I leave it this way, I had to do a CMD + R to get my iMac running again!!

John.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.