Google Chrome: Application Window?

Reaction score
Hello all. As of yesterday, I am officially a mac owner. I purchased a base model 21" inch imac. I am slowly making the transition and had a question that I figured I would ask here. So here goes.

Due to using google chrome on the pc and becoming quite familiar with it, I decided to download it for the mac. When I launch the chrome application, a separate window pops up. I was just curious as to if there was a way to keep this window from popping up every time I click on the chrome shortcut. I have included a screen shot of the window I am referring to. It can be found below.

bdqo78.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Drag the "Chrome" icon on to the top of the Applications folder (big A) and drop it there. Chrome will install itself. You haven't installed Chrome yet, all you're doing is running it from the downloaded installer. :)

After doing that, drag the little disk like icon of Chrome to the Trash. You're done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
After doing that, drag the little disk like icon of Chrome to the Trash. You're done.

Which will safely eject said disk, not trash it.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.