MacBook Pro error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i see fine, no spectacles for mee!
this morning i received a message telling me to
'You need to restart your computer.Hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again. [/I

It was then repeated again in four different languages. I did what it said and upon doing some research I looked up the kernel panic error in utlities-console and recorded this error message. Can anyone tell me what this error means or what has gone wrong?

28/05/12 10:17:59 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[105]
(com.apple.Finder[111]) Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap

28/05/12 10:18:00 AM ReportCrash[158] Saved crash report for Finder[111] version 10.6.8 (10.6.8) to /Users/phoebe/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Finder_2012-05-28-101800_Phoebe-Pincuss-MacBook-Pro.crash

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you experienced is known as a "kernel panic". Please read through the following article on how to resolve kernel panics. LINK

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i see fine, no spectacles for mee!
from reading that article i think the error was cause from:
- Insufficient RAM and available hard disk space
because a message appeared saying something about having insufficient hard drive space. How can I prevent this from happening again? Is there any way to clear some hard drive space?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are various ways to clear hard drive space, but I always hesitate to recommend arbitrarily deleting things. What I recommend is this: If your hard drive is loaded with photos, music, movies, and other media files, that you move them to an external hard drive. Apple has directions for moving the iTunes and iPhoto library to an external source.

However, ultimately the best thing to do is replace the hard drive in your Mac with a larger one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.