gimp help

Reaction score
I downloaded gimp 2.8 and the xquartz 2.7.1, I currently have mac os x 10.6.8. when i downloaded gimp it told me to download xquartz which i did, but whenever I try to open gimp, it just doesn't open. The application appears on my dock and I click it but nothing happens! I've restarted my laptop a bunch of times and I tried to re-install the program but it didn't work! any help? thanks alot !! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
GIMP is difficult to install and get working right. I usually tell folks to avoid it altogether and instead pay for "Pixelmator" from the Mac App store for $29.99.

However, if you still would like to try to install the free GIMP, go the this web site and follow the instructions. Note that you have to install XQuartz first and get that right before GiMP will install. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.