Restore function on PM G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
I have a PM G5 Dual 2.7 10.5.8. I've been tying to use the Resore function in Disk Utility fr a year and every time I try I get an error "can't establish communication withe helper tool"

I have reinstalled the system so many times I may melt my disc. I've done every thing to make this work. I can do it on my other machines. Is there some bug in this model? It seems to be in DU Toast works ok.:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The usual bug in that model is they are liquid cooled and leaks cause corrosion of the motherboard.

And are you using Restore with say an external hard drive or a hard drive in position two in your PowerMac? It is similar to migration Assistant transferring information between two drives.

OP
FatherTime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
The usual bug in that model is they are liquid cooled and leaks cause corrosion of the motherboard.

And are you using Restore with say an external hard drive or a hard drive in position two in your PowerMac? It is similar to migration Assistant transferring information between two drives.

One of 5 internal drivres as source< Also no leaks due to a Panasonic LCS. Funny deal is if booted from a system on a shirt drive it works, Like something in the G5 Dual 2.7??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.