Brand new MBP Laggy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro (13") w/ OS X (10.6.8) that includes 2.7 Ghz Intel i7 and 4GB RAM. It seems laggy even with minimal programs open - iTunes, Safari, Cog, etc.

The account I'm on is the one I imported from Time Machine - so essentially it's like I'm using my old MacBook. Could there be some corruption in there that is causing this? Should I format and start over - what about all my files from Time Machine?

ThanksO:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Open disk utility and repair disk permissions, if that does not work then try a software restore. Is it always laggy?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open disk utility and repair disk permissions, if that does not work then try a software restore. Is it always laggy?

- For disk permissions, I clicked "Repair Disk Permissions" - a ton of files came up in the log. Now what? Is it done or do I need to do more?

- Is a software restore a clean install of OS X? I could do that, but then what about Time Machine? Will it not carry over the corrupted OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Before you reinstall everything there are a few things you can try. How much free space is available on the drive?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
93GB

For disk permissions, I clicked "Repair Disk Permissions" - a ton of files came up in the log. Now what? Is it done or do I need to do more?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it done or do I need to do more? Or does OS X fix while scanning? Thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure if this is a related issue, but my web browsing through Google Chrome has also been lagging. Sites I visit daily suddenly get a "Sending Request..." that takes forever to load. I have to turn off/turn on Airport to kick it back into gear. I don't think it's a connection issue because my iMac runs smooth and rarely has this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.