Slow down after sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Early 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
Hey,
I do believe I made a thread about this some months ago, and despite all the suggestions and updates, it still is plaguing me. My computer specs are on the side:
<-----

What happens is, ever since I updated to Lion, when I hit the power button on the back or go to Apple>Sleep, when I wake up my computer it is laggy and unresponsive. All my memory is gone, yet nothing unusual shows up in activity monitor. All animations are slow, as is typing, moving windows, and running any kind of applications. The only solution is to restart my computer. There are times where I don't have time to shut down and restart my computer every time I have to leave. It gets really ridiculous, and apparently I am not the only one experiencing this. It seems to only be happening on older macs. I have already gone through normal maintenance, and nothing has helped. I really can't reinstall my OS at this point, so thats not an option either. Has this happened to you/do you have a solution?

OP
AppleCider
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Early 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.