how do I install dragon naturally speaking on mba via parallels and remote disc?

Reaction score
Hello
Looking for assistance in installing Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 via Parallels 7 on my MacBookAir (Lion, OS X.7.4). The MBA doesn't have a disc drive, therefore I am using a remote disc drive (nearby iMac, which doesn't itself run Parallels) to access the Dragon software, however, I am unable to get Parallels to recognize the program as valid and simply can't get the program to launch. I have researched this online and wondered if I needed to create an ISO image on the iMac that I can transfer over to my MBA, tried this, but still no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong and don't know how to proceed. Dragon (Nuance) will not offer any support for Mac OS X. Can anyone help with this? I'm afraid that I need a step-by-step at this point, because across two machines as well as two operating systems, this is getting too complicated for this amateur.
Thank you for any assistance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Either buy an external USB optical drive for the MBA or copy (if possible) the program to a USB flash drive and install it that way in Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.