mail question

Reaction score
so my mail was working just fine. but now it wont get the mail from my yahoo account and all that keeps popping up is the same thing in the "recovered messages" in the "on my mac" folder... any hints as to the problem? the password is right, and when i delete the 1600+ messages they just come back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I had similar mail problems last year - it was down to an email with a large attachment that was failing to send and whenever it re-tried it created another copy on my hard drive.

Here's a post I made about it in response to another thread:

I had an issue at the end of last year where my hard drive was filling up rapidly and I was getting freezing issues.

The reason was an email with 2 attachments that kept failing to be sent. Apple mail was then recovering the email and attempting to re-send it again and again and each time a new copy was being made on my hard drive.

I found out by installing a piece of software called omni disk sweeper.

The only way around it was to disable my email account, locate and delete the email file and then reinstate my account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
mail
preferences
accounts tab
highlight the offending account
press the - key
to get it back, follow the same procedure only press the + key and follow the instructions

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks for your help.. i messed with this thing for a bit and couldn't figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.