MacBook Pro won't connect to Buffalo N type Router

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know if these Buffalo routers require special online registration of a Mac laptop before they allow connection?
I have an IPhone that's able to connect to the wireless network perfectly but my laptop will not connect to the wireless network.
After calling Apple support they told me to call the Buffalo people and they blamed the issue on the Buffalo N Nfiniti router.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your iPhone can connect and your Mac can not, that suggests a problem with the Mac rather than the router. No router that I'm aware of requires a "special registration" of any computer. Wireless settings however, can vary from machine to machine.

First, attach an ethernet cable from the Buffalo to your Mac and establish a connection. Then:

Go into the Buffalo internal menu (look in your user manual) and make sure you have the SSID (network name) broadcast turned on. Check which method of encryption you're using and make sure the password or phrase is entered. Then match up the settings on your Mac. System Preferences, Network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.