Any good Mac benchmark apps?

Reaction score
Iam new to the mac scene,but been around computers long enough to know that after you buy it,you upgrade it,then tweak it.So Just got my new ram upgrades,but wanna do some benchmark comparisons,a before and after thing.I know which one i would use if i was on windows,but following chas-m's advice about not falling back into bad habits,i will use a mac app instead starting up Parallels.PLUS,all the crazy names you mac people give your apps,it is so hard to pick out what your looking for.I should be looking for a app called Blood Broom or Pickle Juice 2.6 ,some crazy name that has nothing to do about the app,but sounds cool.Any way iam ramblin.I need a MAC benchmarker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Xbench and Geekbench are the two that we recommend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
PLUS,all the crazy names you mac people give your apps,it is so hard to pick out what your looking for.I should be looking for a app called Blood Broom or Pickle Juice 2.6

This made me lol ;) Could you care to share as to what you have seen as crazy names/nothing to do with the product, but as far as the question i agree with stretch.

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
To be honest...I think that the newest version of Cinebench is the best free benchmarking app. available for the Mac.

Some of the other programs don't test video performance...and I'm pretty sure Cinebench includes a 64-bit mode as well.

The downside to Cinebench is websites (such as Everymac.com) don't use Cinebench (Everymac.com uses Geekbench). But it's really nice to have a benchmarking app. that does video/graphic performance.

So the pluses for Cinebench:

- tests video performance
- 32 and 64 bit modes
- is multi-core & multi-thread capable (it will do 16 simultaneous threads on my 8-core Mac Pro)

CINEBENCH

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.