Facebook Not Loading

Reaction score
Two days ago facebook decide to stop loading. Everytime I go on it says safari can't open this page. I tried using firefox and google chrome neither of these worked either.

I tried reseting my router and safari...neither worked.

Every other website seems to be working fine, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
What OS version are you using? I've come across this same issue today in my office on several macs all of which are running versions of leopard and snow leopard. Lion seems to be unaffected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz, Macbook 2.4 GHz
I am having the same issues. I am running 10.5.8 on my iMac and MacBook.

Everything works fine on the MacBook but when I try and load Facebook on the iMac, I get the "cannot load page" on Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Both are running on the same home network.

Reaction score
Yeah through the process of elimination within my office I've determined that it's only affecting macs here with an OS lower than 10.7. this is an FB issue and nothing we can do to resolve on our end.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Will boot into Snow Leopard and report back.

Reaction score
Imac, 10.6.8 - Facebook loads fine.

Reaction score
Leopard 10.5.8.

Still having same issue.

UGH. Thanks for everyone trying to help.

Reaction score
It's a really weird issue. Some people with 10.5.8 can load it but from the majority of people I've talked to they can't load the page. I've also tested this on a few peoples computers outside of the office who are running OS versions lower than 10.7 and they can't access the site either. It possibly could be related to the new features FB is planning to roll out soon (redesigned timeline, etc) but who knows. It does seem to be OS related as it's happening across all browsers that I've tested. I'll try running a ping and traceroute via terminal on the affected computers and will report back.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry, got busy and forgot to report back. FB is loading just fine in 10.5.8 and even in 10.4.11 on my older 900 Mhz G4 iBook! Not sure what is going on. This was on Safari on all the machines.

Reaction score
Is it possible that maybe the boss is trying to get you all to go back to work? :)

Hah unfortunately I work for a social media company so we actually need facebook working in order for some folks in the office to do their jobs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.