White MacBook freezing

Reaction score
Okay, so yesterday my 13" MacBook started freezing whenever I tried opening any Apps. The finder would stop working and occaisonally I would get the black "please restart your MacBook" thing. I've tried resetting the PRAM, SMC, rebooting, removing the ~/.Trash thing, removing the com.apple.finder.plist, and reinstalling the OSX software and apps. I've also deleted the Internet plugins (heard that they may have been the problem). Unfortunately nothing seems to be able to stop my Mac from completely bloody imploding. The spinning wheel never seems to stop. Please help me

OP
L
Reaction score
Help! Nothing seems to be able to fix my white MacBook!

Okay, so yesterday my 13" MacBook started freezing whenever I tried opening any Apps. The finder would stop working and occaisonally I would get the black "please restart your MacBook" thing. I've tried resetting the PRAM, SMC, rebooting, removing the ~/.Trash thing, removing the com.apple.finder.plist, and reinstalling the OSX software and apps. I've also deleted the Internet plugins (heard that they may have been the problem). Unfortunately nothing seems to be able to stop my Mac from completely bloody imploding. The spinning wheel never seems to stop. Please help me

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did you make any changes to your system before the problem started?

OP
L
Reaction score
No I didn't, when it happened I thought it was because I hadn't updated my software in a while so I went and did that but it had no effect. Other than that happening, nothing was changed

OP
L
Reaction score
Oh and I have done the /sbin/fsck and mount things. Also, whenever I try and restart, logout or shutdown it always takes a really long time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.