Deleted contacts from address book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
I was trying to import a few contacts from my phone and ended up importing them all. Not finding a way to get rid on them individually I just deleted them all and went to time machine to restore but even in time machine all contacts are gone. With icloud I guess it also deleted them from the laptop. Any ideas how to get them back?

late 2010 imac running lion 10.7.4
early 2011 macbook pro running the same

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Luckily if you have at least once synced with your Mac via iTunes then you should be able to recover them from a Backup. Have a look at THIS article that helps with recovery from iTunes or AddressBook Archives.
For future reference there is App called App Store - ContactDel: delete multiple contacts with one touch that will help you in future.

HTH

Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I probably didn't explain it right but what I tried to do was import just phone numbers from a android phone to my macbook pro (bluetooth). When I screwed that up I deleted all my email contacts from the laptop but figured when I got home I'll just copy them back from the imac. Got home and the contacts were gone from there also so I figured no problem it has time machine running. Time machine shows 23.3 mb in the address book but when I try to restore it it's empty. I did not empty the trash but cannot find the deleted items there either. Only 150 or so email contacts but it would sure be a royal pain to regather them all.
Thanks again
ps, the phone contacts are fine and a different list than the two computers

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Working now all are restored. I don't know what I was doing wrong but after the 10'th try of restoring from time machine all is well. Thanks for your quick response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.