Bootable USB snow leopard ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys Im trying to make a Bootable USB snow leopard, so I can upgrade my MacBook with a broken super drive........but having ZERO luck!

Have my DMG of Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail and go into Disk Utility to restore it to the USB stick (32GB formatted to Mac Journalled). but when I try and restore I get a pop up saying:

"Unable to attach "Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail.dmg".(no mountable file systems)"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I am sorry to be suspicious, but a file name like Mac.OS.X.10.6.3.Retail.dmg sound like you have downloaded a torrent

Buy the retail disk and get a friend to create the USB stick, all you have to do is make sure the usb stick is partitioned to OSX journaled with a GUID partition table (that's in the partition options button)

OP
P
Reaction score
It is a downloaded torrent, as I said before I don't have a working CD drive.....and I don't know any other mac users in person.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We allow no discussion of any Illegal Torrents here at Mac Forums. Read our Community Guidelines. No discussion of any pirated software. OSX Snow Leopard is just $29. Buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.