Deleting Deleted Emails

Reaction score
Someone suggested I delete 50 or 100 deleted emails at a time, if a few are corrupted and therefore automatically shut down the computer, but I don't see how that can be done. How does one highlight 50 or 100 deleted emails without highlighting ALL of them? Hitting Apple and A highlights all items. If someone can explain to me how to highlight 50 or 100 at a time, I would be very appreciative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
You can use "multi select" function that is built into the OS.

Select one email at the top of your list in the Trash and then go down 50 or 100 emails further down, hold down your shift key and then select an email that is further down from your original selection. This will select (highlight) all the emails in between your two slections. You can then hit the Trash icon which then permanently deletes those emails.

DavidH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.