Lion Address Book - Bluetooth?

Reaction score
I am going insane trying to achieve something that should be simple here - please help!

I have OS X Lion, and iCloud set up, and I have a group of contacts in Address Book that I want to send to some cordless phones I just bought. These phones are able to receive vCards over Bluetooth. I've already tried to use the supplied software to do it (they are Siemens SL400A phones), but this couldn't see any of my contacts, and I suspect it's because they are in iCloud. So I thought I should try the Bluetooth solution...

But can I find a way? No. I've been chasing my tail all evening, exporting to vcf files, looking for apps to do it for me... no luck so far.

Why doesn't Address Book simply... you know... just, allow Bluetooth vCard exports? Surely that would be the simple answer, and I have a feeling it used to in previous versions :(

Any suggestions gratefully received - thanks!

EDIT: Got it! Well, that's always the way, isn't it? You post on a forum for help, and two minutes later you find the answer yourself!

Here's what I did, in case anyone else wants to know:
* Export the contacts from Address Book to a .vcf file
* Go into main preferences / Bluetooth and select the device you want to send to
* click on the options symbol (to the right of the + and - buttons below the list of devices) and select "Send File..."
* Select the .vcf and it is sent to the device.

Simple really - just not where I expected it to be!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you simply tried to send the v-cards in a email ?? Then open email on the phone and add to contacts ??
Or you could use such wares Bluetooth vcard blaster

HTH and welcome to the forums

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Have you simply tried to send the v-cards in a email ?? Then open email on the phone and add to contacts ??
Or you could use such wares Bluetooth vcard blaster

HTH and welcome to the forums

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestions!

I've now edited my original post, as I found an answer.

I couldn't use email, because these are cordless phone handsets :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Not a problem and thanks for updating your post for reference incase future members have similar problems.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.