Major WiFi Issue - Need Help!

Reaction score
I am new to this specific forum, I've been online for over 10 years, roughly 12, and am a game developer from Chicago.

Reason for this thread is, I believe my home WiFi network has been compromised across the board from Insurance contracted private investigators, for over 24 hours now, I have not been able to access my router whatsoever, after putting up a firewall that was never there.

I never had a reason to ever "beef" up my security, until I got hit in a car accident (not my fault for those wondering), and now I'm not sure how to detect to many ways of MAC address spoofing, the gazillion DDoS attacks of many sorts I get..

So the main question is, just by adding a firewall, how or why could that inadvertently disrupt my accessibility to my own Router? NETGEAR DUALBAND N, second newest model. My computer, Mid 2011 17 MBP i7

I'm afraid that whoever is tampering with my network is trying to cover their tracks right now with my inability to get back into my router settings, as if they're intentionally trying to disrupt the MAC Address filtering I have to do in order to truly find out if anyone has intruded and for what reason, even in spite of the MANY and I mean, MANY DDoS attacks I get from people using SECPOINT, CommView, etc.

HELP HELP HELP HELP! Just my luck I can't get anyone from my ISP to troubleshoot with or notify them due to it being a weekend..

I apologize for this threads ugliness ahead of time, but time is of the essence for me!
I think these P.I's are onto the fact that I'm onto them..

For example, I get anywhere between 200-500 MILLION packets in and out while watching activity monitor, then I check my router logs (when I still could), noticing IP addresses, MAC addresses that don't add up, along with the DDoS ACK Scan attacks, among others.

Please someone help!

OP
M
Reaction score
Wow, 44 views and no potential help?

C'mon.. this car wreck ruined my life, just dropped out of college for the second time to undergo treatment from this, and now they're pouring it on.

Someone please, what's the best way to detect intruders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go see a lawyer and IT consultant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.