MacBook Air (First Generation) Wifi/Audio Issues

Reaction score
I have a first generation MacBook Air 1,1. It's the 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo version with the 64GB SSD and 2 GB of RAM. I have 2 issues currently.

First off, the Wifi. I have tried everything to fix it, but it's no use. Here's the issue:
I did a clean install of OSX Snow Leopard from the CD, the Wifi worked fine. I used the Update Utility to update to the latests version. It download everything fine, installed, working perfect. Now when I log on, no wifi. Out of all the networks I have tried (4), it always says 'Connection timed out.'
So, I did another fresh install of Snow Leopard. Wifi is perfect. So now I go and buy OSX Lion, now that's installed. No Wifi. Same 'Connection Timed out.' Wifi doesn't work at all. So it's gotta be software related, maybe drivers? I have no idea how to fix this. All fresh installs, it only works on 10.6.0, or whatever the retail version is.

The second, not so big problem is the speakers don't work anymore. No red light in the headphone jack, no output devices. Under the System Profiler audio tab, it says:
Code:
Intel High Definition Audio

Audio ID: 0

Weird thing is, while doing a fresh install of Lion, I check System Profiler, and it shows:
Code:
Intel High Definition Audio

ID device: 0x106B00A2

Audio ID: 0
So I've been doing some research, and I've come to the conclusion it's the Audio Flex Cable. It's $30, and doesn't look to hard to replace, I just want to make sure that's what it is before I buy it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

OP
H
Reaction score
Any solutions?

When connecting to a Wireless Network, I get an error saying 'A Connection Timeout Error Occured.'. I have tried multiple networks, none have worked. It seems to be a driver issue.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as it was working perfect in 10.6.0.
It stopped working after updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.8 using the software update utility.
Still doesn't work after going to Lion (10.7.0, and 10.7.3).

A clean install (Erasing the SSD with Disk Utility, then installing) of 10.6.0, Wifi works. Updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.8 breaks Wifi. Another clean install of 10.6.0, Wifi works.
Clean install of 10.7.0, Wifi broken. Combo update to 10.7.3, Wifi broken.

I've tried every solution I could find, nothing that worked.

Can I install Wifi drivers from 10.6.0 onto my 10.7.3 installation?

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Not LEGEALY, but I'm a torrent junkie so i can't really talk.....

If you want to sell it let me know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.