Leaving AT&T - Going To Verizon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I've been with AT&T for 13 years but have tired of seeing "No Service" even when I'm outside within half a mile of a cell tower. I have only 2 more months on my AT&T contract, then I'll be switching to Verizon.

Question, please: Will I be able to keep my AT&T iPhone4 or will I have to buy an iPhone from Verizon? I'd rather not check with Verizon until I'm ready to bite the bullet and sign up. I hope some of you will have had this experience already. Thanks for your help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You will have to purchase a new iPhone. AT&T is a GSM carrier, Verizon is CDMA. Entirely different systems/network/technology. So if you're iPhone is in good connection, you can sell it to recoup some money and then use that to purchase a Verizon version..

Also, know that with CDMA you can't be on a call and also do data access (browsing the Internet), you can do this with GSM..but I guess if you don't have service wherever you are usually, then I guess it doesn't really matter..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Good choice i was having the same issue verizon is soo much better. You will need to get a new phone though but trust me you will love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.