Airport connectivity problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'08 MBP 2.6GHz, iPhone 4, iPad 2, Apple TV 2, iPod 3rd gen, iPod Touch 2nd gen
Have a '08 Macbook Pro, 2.6GHz, OS X 10.6.8, that I'm having a wifi connectivity problem with. I have Uverse and use their Wireless router, and (at present at least) have no problems with Wifi connection with my iPad, iPhone, or my wife's Macbook. Ethernet works fine. Airport is found, but won't connect to the network. Card is found in hardware profile.
I've tried the hard reset (battery out, unplugged, holding Power button 30s, restarting). Tried restarting the wireless router as well.

I've had problems with the airport card previously. Has been replaced or worked on 3 or 4x over the 3 years I've had it. Applecare recently expired at end of March, so hoping someone may have a solution to fix it without replacement at this time.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'08 MBP 2.6GHz, iPhone 4, iPad 2, Apple TV 2, iPod 3rd gen, iPod Touch 2nd gen
I've not had a problem with all devices in our house connecting at the same time before.

Wireless router is At&t brand : 2WireGatway model 3800HGV-B.

Can't check whether it will work on another wifi network at the moment.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've had problems with the airport card previously. Has been replaced or worked on 3 or 4x over the 3 years I've had it. Applecare recently expired at end of March, so hoping someone may have a solution to fix it without replacement at this time.

Your network is likely OK since the other devices are working. Because the Airport card was replaced and worked on 3 or 4 times, it's probably the culprit again. Run the Apple Hardware Test on your machine to see what it says about Airport. Also, take a look in your System Profiler app to see if the Airport card is even showing up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.