Audio problem with macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi

I know this problem has been asked a thousand times before, but for me the solutions i have founded do not work.

My headphone broke off inside my headphone jack on my macbook. I now can get no sound out of my internal speakers not even the chime when booting up. The only option in sound preferences is "digital out".

I have a windows 7 bootcamp installed and sound is working fine on that.

Ive tried using toothpicks and other objets to get this lodged jack out but nothing has helped.

There must be some software work around to change this, but i cannot find it.

Thanks for your help

-Steve

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Ive tried a lot of tools, i think the actual jack is a lost cause. Im not too bothered about losing the jack and not being able to use it, i have a usb audio device for headphones.

I would however like the onboard speakers back for use.

Thanks

-Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Thanks for the reply.

Ive tried a lot of tools, i think the actual jack is a lost cause. Im not too bothered about losing the jack and not being able to use it, i have a usb audio device for headphones.

I would however like the onboard speakers back for use.

Thanks

-Steve

No probs Steve,

I was going to suggest choosing 'Internal Speakers' in Audio/Sound Effects and Output but if you don't have the option then it sucks.The MB appears to be recognising the jack as belonging to an optical lead.

There will be some code I'm sure that you could use in Terminal but I don't have any links sorry

Cheers
Liam

OP
S
Reaction score
No probs Steve,

I was going to suggest choosing 'Internal Speakers' in Audio/Sound Effects and Output but if you don't have the option then it sucks.The MB appears to be recognising the jack as belonging to an optical lead.

There will be some code I'm sure that you could use in Terminal but I don't have any links sorry

Cheers
Liam

Yeah thats what I'm hoping for. Everyone says its a hardware problem but I'm not sure as the speakers work fine in windows. Im just hoping someone knows as its becoming a pain with things.

Thanks again for your help

-Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.