Connect to server (CMD+K)

Reaction score
Hi can anyone explain me in very easy steps how to see/move/save my files from another computer? I have an imac OSX 10.6.8 and I have to work for a 3-month project from another imac, and as I am gonna be away from my office the idea is to keep my computer turned on (so the internet connection) and connect it remotely each time I need to copy a file etc from my computer to the new computer I'll be working on. I can see OSX have "Connect to server" command, is this a good option to choose from? how to do it? is there any other easier and better option? thank you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sharing folders is relatively easy if you understand basic networking but if you don't, you might be better served with a service such as Dropbox. This will keep the files in sync across multiple machines and works on various devices. It's also incredibly easy to setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.