Software Question

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Design & Web Premium student edition. I only needed it for my mac but they sent me CD's for installing the software on a mac and on a PC (each also came with their own serial numbers). I was wondering, since I bought the software at a student discount) could I sell the PC (windows) edition software with serial number to another student since I won't be using it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I don't see why not, if you don't need it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure that's correct. Check with Adobe to make sure you can sell the Windows version. I don't know whether or not student versions can be sold or transferred like the standard version.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That policy varies from developer to developer. Most of them said no the last time I checked but it may have changed since then Best to check with Adobe as chscag suggests. I doubt they allow it since it cuts them out of a sale.

C

chas_m

The last time I checked, Adobe's policy was EXTREMELY clear-cut on Student editions.

No upgrading.
No transferring (selling or even giving away, meaning no support for the new owner)
No nothing.

That's why the Student editions are so cheap. They are in a sense limited-duration copies that can't be updated, so eventually they go obsolete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.