Mail

Reaction score
I am using Apple's Mail and have a problem I'd like to solve.

When ever I have a number of people who are involved in an ongoing discussion and I do a reply all, my response goes to everyone except anyone that has an email account that is part of my email client.

For instance, I have an email account with several mailboxes for my wife and her sister. We all use the same computer and I have not set up individual access.

So if we have a thread going to all the kids and the 3 of us are included and I respond by hitting "Reply All", everyone gets it except my wife and her sister.

When I Reply All, all those involved should be included.

I hope the above makes sense. Any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
I posted this on 5/18 and received no response, so I thought I would try again.

Reaction score
Hi there :) If you all have different email addresses, then you can set up separate accounts within Mail, then reply all will work for you. If you right click on the name of your account in the list on the upper left in Mail, you'll see the option to "Edit" your account. Select that option, then in the Accounts dialog, click the little plus sign below the list of accounts, and this will create a new account. Fill out the fields and "Save" the new account. To save it, just click on a different account in the list of accounts and you''ll be prompted to save. Then close the Accounts window and go back to your inbox and send mail to that new account form your original email, and you'll see it appear in the list of accounts in Mail. I hope this helps. I apologize if I'm not understanding your question, but I'm trying :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Each of my email addresses have their own account within mail already.

If there are a number of people getting an email and one of us does a “reply all", everyone will get it except those on my computer.

For instance: A, B, C, D, E, F are email addresses. A, B & C are on my computer in Mail and each has his own account in mail. D, E, F are outside addresses.

If A, B, C, D, E, or F sends an email to the group, everyone gets it. If C does a “reply all" everyone except A & B gets the reply. Then any emails sent with “reply all" are not received by B & C because they are no longer on the list of recipients and they have no idea that there has been a reply.

OP
M
Reaction score
FYI... Talked to Apple. Started w/ customer Service rep who moved me up to a senior analyst He had to forward to engineering. They are looking into it and a way to correct it. Seems to be a bug as they got the same results when they duplicated the process.

I don't know if I'll hear back or if they will correct it with the next update.

In the meantime I'll just have to remember to add the missing email addresses when I do a reply all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.