blocking specific incoming iphone calls

Reaction score
I am unable to find a setting for blocking unwanted incoming calls on my iphone. Suggestions?

Reaction score
I am unable to find a setting for blocking unwanted incoming calls on my iphone. Suggestions?

There's no way I know of to block specific phone calls directly from the iPhone. What I know can be done is to subscribe to Parental Controls and then you can set your phone to block certain numbers or to only allow specific numbers.

If I recall correctly, however, blocking a number from phone calls does not block it from SMS.

I think the Parental Controls runs about $5/month.

BTW, I'm speaking of AT&T. I don't know about Sprint, Verizon and newer smaller carriers.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. I think that is so dumb not to have that service! How hard could it be? Anyway, I am receiving spam calls from one marketer but with many lines. They are claiming to want to do a political survey, hence they may subsequently claim to be immune to the do not call list. I am not yet willing to pay ATT $5 a month to block all the different lines they use.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Probably the best you can do, is as you identify phone numbers, assign them a silent ring tone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.