as primary & putted the original HDD as secondary in the
place of the DVD player.
The thing is i want to put every thing in HDD to SSD, &
erase everything in the HDD, so when i start the laptop
the SSD well boot.
I have searched the internet i found that a simple way
to do it, Is to install clean version of Lion on it then to
use TimeMachine to return all application settings &
files to it. HOW TO DO THAT? OR is there another way?
PS: my laptop came preinstalled with Lion.

Reaction score
Do you have the Lion OS disk that should have came with the laptop? If you do not, to save money the first thing I would do is set up a appointment with an Apple Store. I bought a Early 2011 Macbook Pro from a guy off craiglist and the "duck" piece for the charger head was missing. Although my Macbook Pro was out of warranty they still gave me the piece for free. Worst case scenario buy and download Lion from the app store. Then follow the directions from this link:

Build your own Lion install USB thumb drive for cheap | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

or if you want to burn it on a disk:

How to make a bootable Lion install disc or drive | Macworld

edit: and you can buy a external dvd in enclosure for the dvd drive you took out of the Macbook Pro from amazon, just make sure it's SATA not IDE.

OP
D
Reaction score
i have the disk, how to do what i want?
To install clean version of Lion on SSD, boot it
instead of the HDD then to use TimeMachine to
return all application settings & files to it.

Reaction score
If you have the disc and do not want to buy the external dvd bay, simply re-install the original dvd drive, put the SSD in the original hard drive location and then boot from the Lion disk. Yes, there comes a point during the installation where it will give you the option to reinstall all your data that is backed up to time machine.

To boot from the disc restart the computer and hold the "option" key, this will give you the ability to choose to boot from the disc. Once booted from disc:

Go to disk utility and erase and format the SSD to Mac OS Jouranled with 1 partion.

Once that is done close out the disc utility and select reinstall Lion.

Then just follow the prompts. This will result in a clean install of Lion and you like I said previously will come to a screen during the install that will give you the option to transfer data from your time machine back up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.