how to disable iphone connection with itunes

Reaction score
Hi there,

me and my partner both have iphones. I want to sync my iphone with my laptop and her iphone with her laptop. However, her iphone always appears in my itunes 'Devices' section and i always have to eject it.

How can i disable or remove this link?

(i use to own her iphone which i did sync with my laptop. But how she uses it and i want to delete the link. But i can't seem to do it).

thanks for any comments.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The newest versions of iTunes and iOS 5.x can wirelessly sync with each other. As long as the phones are in the vicinity of the computer, they will all appear. I get my iPhone and iPad appearing in my iTunes all the time.

You have a couple of options.
1. Disable auto-syncing for every device with How to Disable iPhone and iPod Auto-Syncing
2. Disable auto-syncing with a particular device by clicking on it and under the summary tab uncheck "Sync with iPhone over Wi-Fi". Do this with her iPhone on your laptop and with your iPhone on her laptop..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.