Help Trouble with imac when restarting

Reaction score
Hi I have my Imac nearly a month now and I love it

IMAC 21.5"/2.5QC/500GB/6750M
PROCESSOR 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 MEMORY 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB HARD DRIVE 500GB Serial ATA Drive
GRAPHICS AMD RadeonHD 6750M 512MB GDDR5

BUT

if I go to the apple icon on top left and go to restart it just times out with little round circle going around, i end up plugging power out, then it starts fine,

obviously this is not right, its happened me twice, imac did a software update and i told it to go ahead and restart and it just timed out, that was yesterday,
then this morning i tried restarting it myself and same thing happened
any ideas?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
did you replace lion files? it nearly does it itself and your own files are not effected so this might help and costs maybe an hour

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like a software update that you installed has failed. This can happen on occasion if the download becomes corrupt. Since your iMac is still under warranty and you have 90 days free telephone support from Apple, I suggest giving them a call and let them walk you through a reinstall of Lion. That should get you back up running again.

By the way, I highly recommend you purchase Apple Care for your new iMac as that will give you a total of 3 years for the warranty and free telephone support.

OP
N
Reaction score
hi thanks for all your answers, i went onto apple support and they told me to plug out everything from back of i mac, ie, printer network etc and try and restart so i did and it worked then i plugged everything in singularly and it seemed ok ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.