Zone Alarm upgrade diasater

Reaction score
I recently upgraded Zone Alarm firewall since I'm Windows XP through Parallels. I recently upgraded from version 101_065_000 to 102_047_000. I restarted Windows only to discover I was so locked up, I couldn't even mouse over the OS X side. Turning off the computer and then restarting Windows, it would resume instead of restarting fresh.
Some how I managed to finally uninstall 102_047_000 and return to 101_065_000. Fortunately, I keep data files on the OS X side for security.
However I still have 2 problems, Windows Explorer no longer shows the OS X home drive as Z drive. I at least can find it under Network Places as Home On PSF But my big aggravation is I can no longer cut & paste between OS X & Windows using Command C & Command V.
I use copy & paste 100's of time s each day between the two. Any idea how I can fix this?

I won't lose any data, but I sure don't want to have to Uninstall Windows & Parallels to start clean. Got better time on how to spend 24 hours. I know I should have used Snapshot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What about using System Restore within XP and going back to a point prior to the upgrade?

OP
K
Reaction score
System Restore

As a security measure I had turned off System Restore. Having had a few Windows viruses in my pre-Mac days, I found out like a lot of people, that the viruses some how came back when you did a System Restore.

As I said, every time I rebooted, it was still locked. I wouldn't have even got to System Restore. It was just dumb luck I got it unlocked to get to the Control Panel.

I wouldn't even bother with Zone Alarm and disconnect Windows from the Internet, but I use an email header checking program that they haven't upgraded to Lion yet, so I had to quit using the Mac version an revert to Windows.

In 10 years of Zone Alarm, this is the 1st ever problem.

I'm 5 programs away from being Windows free. Unfortunately 3 of them will never write a Mac version and I use them daily in my business.

Anyway, Thank you for your suggestion.

Lesson learned. Don't rush, backup, use Snapshot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.