Unsaved file recovery!!! :(

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was writing a word document yesterday, which I was saving to a flash drive. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that it was being saved to the flash drive, and took it out, but continued to type and press "command + s", thinking it was being saved to the hard drive... I discovered my mistake this morning when trying to open the document, and it it turned that only a tiny proportion of my work had bee saved

Is there any way I can recover my work? Where was the file being saved to when I kept clicking 'save'? I checked in the Office AutoRecovery, but that only has a couple of files from months ago. :Grimmace:

Please help!

Reaction score
You have not saved the file in any particular folder or destination. The default files get saved in documents folder do a check may be file is there. You can also find the file in finder if you know the name of the file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.