iMac CRT Qeustion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
Im buying an iMac G3 CRT from a friend and I need to know how to connect it to my wireless network. Is there a usb antenna or something of that nature that I can connect with.

Thanks for the help guys :mac:

btw I love that smilie

L

lil

You can get a standard Airport card for most iMac G3s, do you know what colour/speed of G3 it is, is it a tray loading or slot loading optical drive?

Vicky

OP
Thad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
Its 600Mhz translucent grey iMac and its a slot load optical drive.
I looked into the original airport cards, man those things are pricey
But what can you do, I'd rather have that than a 3rd party usb device:mac:

L

lil

Research the USB dongles around, they may work on the Mac, I know of D-Link Bluetooth USB dongles working on the mac, so maybe the USB 802.11b dongles too.

Keep an eye out for those original Airport cards, it is a better idea, uses a much better antenna built into the iMac, plus -- if you're gonna get one, get one now, as they are set to become rarer as Apple recently discontinued them as a spare part.

Vicky

OP
Thad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah Im gonna try and pick up an airport card up off of ebay sometime before 06:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.