Is getting a Macbook air worth it?

Reaction score
Im about to finally start college in the fall (after a 6 years of deciding my major lol). Im going to be studying information technology.

I currently have a 4GB Dell with 500gb of space. I've had it for about 8 months now. but i have been considering getting a new laptop. ive been looking a lot at the Macbook air 13 inch. i love the design and it is super fast. but im a little cautions of putting out the money for it if it is not worth it in the end.

how long does a macbook usually last you? When does it start to slow down? Does installing windows slow the system down?

And is the money really worth it?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Im about to finally start college in the fall (after a 6 years of deciding my major lol). Im going to be studying information technology.

I currently have a 4GB Dell with 500gb of space. I've had it for about 8 months now. but i have been considering getting a new laptop. ive been looking a lot at the Macbook air 13 inch. i love the design and it is super fast. but im a little cautions of putting out the money for it if it is not worth it in the end.

how long does a macbook usually last you? When does it start to slow down? Does installing windows slow the system down?

And is the money really worth it?

MacBook Airs are great machines, but honestly, you have a practically new laptop and are just starting school.
I would wait a bit to get a better idea of my requirements and then consider a new laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 15" | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini
I agree with Razormac, keep the Dell and maybe later on down the road go for a Mac since the Dell isn't even that old yet. Mac's are nice but if you already have a computer that functions well there's no need to get one or any other computer for that matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.