When I turn on iSight all the Mac gets slow.

Reaction score
Hello, I've noticed that when I run my iSight all my MacBook Air gets slow, it happens in every app, like Skype, Flash on the Browser, Photo Booth...
Why? I hope you help me. Thank you!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How much memory does your MBA have?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've noticed that when I run my iSight all my MacBook Air gets slow, it happens in every app, like Skype, Flash on the Browser, Photo Booth...

There's not much you can do about it since your MBA only has 2 GB of system memory and limited graphics capability. Also, some apps like Skype require quite a bit of bandwidth to operate properly which will slow the machine down. Flash is another memory hog.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well,

There's not much you can do about it since your MBA only has 2 GB of system memory and limited graphics capability. Also, some apps like Skype require quite a bit of bandwidth to operate properly which will slow the machine down. Flash is another memory hog.

Well, yeah, It's not 4 GB RAM like others, but it runs Lion pretty well and it's just the bug of the cam. Is Leopard going to run it better?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is Leopard going to run it better?

Kind of hard to tell. You haven't told us what model MacBook Air you have.

- Nick

p.s. Running Snow Leopard is another possibility.

OP
M
Reaction score
It's a

Kind of hard to tell. You haven't told us what model MacBook Air you have.

- Nick

p.s. Running Snow Leopard is another possibility.

It's a MacBook Air (2008 version) 2 GB RAM and 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
It runs really good Lion, well, the most of the apps... Will SL run better on it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.