spinning beachball

Reaction score
I run a IMAC Snow Leopard 10.6.8. A few weeks ago the "beachball" started spinning only just every so often but it's getting more and more. Now it seems like every time I click or scroll with the mouse it starts and lasts for around 10 seconds. I've used onyx to clean the caches etc. My system memory on the activity monitor is VM 132.65gb. size free--9.3mb and active 915mb. wired 673 mb inactive 461mb. The page ins 1.39gb page outs 1.41gb. swap used 2.82gb. I'm not really sure what all that means. Spinning beachballcame on a few times as I typed this message. Thank you

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I run a IMAC Snow Leopard 10.6.8. A few weeks ago the "beachball" started spinning only just every so often but it's getting more and more. Now it seems like every time I click or scroll with the mouse it starts and lasts for around 10 seconds. I've used onyx to clean the caches etc. My system memory on the activity monitor is VM 132.65gb. size free--9.3mb and active 915mb. wired 673 mb inactive 461mb. The page ins 1.39gb page outs 1.41gb. swap used 2.82gb. I'm not really sure what all that means. Spinning beachballcame on a few times as I typed this message. Thank you

Read the link in my signature "Beachballs".

From the info you mentioned...the very first thing you should do is reboot the computer. Your "page-outs" and "swap file" are very large. Rebooting will make then go to zero.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.