Safari Crashes Anyone ?

Reaction score
Safari..., what a pain in the brain !! it has "unexpectedly shut down".., gee, thanx for the warning!! then when it get done messing with my mind it asks, "send report to Apple", i click on, "comments", i write this, "fix this **** "THING".., Safari, or i am switching to Firefox", which i did, i have used Firefox a few times in the past, i switch around, this has happened twice in the last 3 weeks, i keep up to date on all the new software for the iMac and Safari.

any one else have Safari crashes ?

my version is, 5.0.6
copyright 2003 - 2011

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What version of OS X are you using? The latest Safari version is 5.1.7.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
First off, you may want to relax. There is no need to be irritated by a perceived lack of understanding (perceived is the operative word here since you were asked what version of OS X you were using not what version of Safari). If you want help, play nice.

OP
A
Reaction score
first off, you may want to relax. There is no need to be irritated by a perceived lack of understanding (perceived is the operative word here since you were asked what version of os x you were using not what version of safari). If you want help, play nice.

WHAT !! .., i am relaxed, not a bit irritated, if i were i would have added an :Angry: smilie.., i made an :Oops: i perceive that your perceiving is a tad bit over perceived.

all that aside, my Mac OS X version 10.5.8

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
WHAT !! .., i am relaxed, not a bit irritated, if i were i would have added an :Angry: smilie.., i made an :Oops: i perceive that your perceiving is a tad bit over perceived.

all that aside, my Mac OS X version 10.5.8
Emphasizing text, the equivalent of yelling, and asking "did you not see that?" after said emphasis sure doesn't come across politely.

Safari 5.1 isn't available for Leopard. 5.0.6 is the highest version available here. Can you be more specific about the error? Does it happen on certain pages?

C

chas_m

Safari rock-solid here, and I use it (actually I have to use it) for 12 hours a day. Might try a reset (of Safari I mean) and see if that improves things.

OP
A
Reaction score
vansmith; Safari 5.1 isn't available for Leopard. 5.0.6 is the highest version available here. [U said:
Can you be more specific about the error? Does it happen on certain pages?[/U]

i was doing a research on a historical event, as you folks know, when you get really into reading, along comes a URL for reference, i click on that and i get a new window sometimes not, then i get to reading that one and along comes another URL, the process goes that way and i will have 10 - 12 windows open switching back and forth, i really get into reading and......, POOOOFFFFF !! it's all gone. i i get a pop up page saying (to the best of my ability to recall) "Safari has unexpectedly quit (well, no sheet!!) there was an error in the system.., etc. what system, theirs or mine, figured it was theirs, i have no idea, there were 2 or 3 boxes to check ignore, send report to Apple and details details first and there was a list a mile long of pure gibberish, then i clicked on send report, then it asked for comments, i wrote one, clicked on send, it give me a message that said something like "unable to record your message, try again later", so clicked on the yellow button, every 15 minutes i brought it up, still unable to accept, i deleted my reply and tried to send the report without my message , it still would not record the report, kept saving by clicking the yellow button and for two more days straight i tried to send and it would not accept, so deleted it all and downloaded Firefox, which is what i am using now.

"Does it happen on certain pages?"

no.., to the best of my recollection it was random, once for certain, it happened when i was debating a topic on one of my favorite political discussion forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Are you using an AV program also you may have a third party plug-in issue may want to disable plug-ins and try it.

Reaction score
I think you should update Safari Version to 5.1.17 as it is latest and might not crash. So try installing that. I was having same prob but since I had updated I haven't faced a prob like this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.