LG D2342 3D monitor and thunderbolt..

Reaction score
..don't play together..

hi all.. First post here and it's a bit of a warning.

I bought this monitor to view stereoscopic images while working in Cinema 4D. And I'll be honest, it worked quite well, despite the apparent thunderbolt induced blizzards. In spite of the complete lack of OS-X support that came with it, Cinema 4D does, however, do an interlaced 3D option in their viewport stereoscopic option (alongside various anaglyph migraines), which when running full screen works very well with the passive 3D monitor..The screen was hooked up using a mini video port to DVI adapter..

But alas. Every single non thunderbolt machine played nicely with the monitor. The two that didn't were mine and my collegue's, both purchased within weeks of each other in march this year. These are practically identically top specced 17" macbook pro's.

Unless someone has an idea, this thing's gonna move on to the next guy rather sharpishly, as it's a 23" inch paperweight at the moment. going to visit the geniuses on saturday, but I know what they're going to say, as it's not an Apple product..

Anyway, just so you know.. Wouldn't want the next guy to be as miffed as I am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Try a different adapter then.

OP
M
Reaction score
..way ahead of you, hence HDMI is fine..

Should've made myself clearer. Thunderbolt - DVI: Doesn't work. Thunderbolt - HDMI: Happiness.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.