OSX Lion freezes on startup after update

Reaction score
I have a 2010 13'' Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Toshiba 500gb HD 8GB RAM
running OSX Lion

yesterday, I updated my software with Apple's latest bundle, some kind of general update, and began to notice things going haywire.

First: My mail app would not open.

Second: The computer preferences would not open

third: The computer now freezes upon startup (it freezes at the white screen with the apple logo, no rotating progress wheel below the apple) and will not advance any further. It will literally sit on that screen for an hour.

I can hold the option key and boot to my "Backup Disk" and access all of my utilities, but cannot boot up normally to my main drive.

PLEASE HELP.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about being more specific as to which update you downloaded and installed? Was it by chance the Lion 10.7.4 update and the Safari 5.1.7 update? If it was, you might want to download and install the Latest Lion combined update which will include all updates up to and including the 10.7.4 one. LINK

OP
J
Reaction score
Solved

it was a bad copy of 10.7.4

I downloaded a new copy and installed. All is well again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, good to hear it's been resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.