How do I make an OS Image then Re-install in VMWare?

Reaction score
Hi - I would like to take an entire system image (i.e. 100% back-up of my Mac OS X version 10.5.8) - and then re-install this on another machine within a Virtual Environment.

The bit I don't understand is the re-installing......

Thanks for all replies!

(I did do a google search and YouTube but didn't really get a thorough answer).

THANKS!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That would not be in compliance with the Apple EULA. You can read something about this from the Wiki: LINK

OP
L
Reaction score
That would not be in compliance with the Apple EULA. You can read something about this from the Wiki: LINK

Eh?

But its mine....

I bought the OS.

Yet another reason why I dont use MAC's as a primary machine or OS.

Very Lame.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No, you bought a license. And, by using the product, you agreed to the EULA.

This is no different than Windows which, has as part of its EULA, the following clause:
Except as allowed in Section 2 (b) [this refers to Family Packs] below, you may install one copy of the software on one computer. That computer is the "licensed computer."
It also has the following (emphasis added):
Instead of using the software directly on the licensed computer, you may install and use the software within only one virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system on the licensed computer.

This is not an Apple specific issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.