im switching...back....to the dark side :(

F

faboloso112

just recently bought my first mac(G3, 350mhz, 256mb, 40gb)...only to sell it(sale still pending) off in less than a month due to unexpected financial difficulties :(

i have decided though, my next mac will me one of the new imacs....if/when i can ever get enough cash for that.

ill still hang around the forums....but it sucks not having one....im macless now :(

heck i even had the mac osx86 but im taking the more legal path so after i tinkered w/ it for a while...i gott rid of that just a day or two ago so i dont even have that anymore

a moment of silence if you please :(

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that dude!
I can't imagine not having my Mac or PC!
Really if you have both it like having 2 girlfriends the innocent, sophisticated, elegant, posh and cultured brunette and the dirty, nasty, kinky, blonde slappa!!
Really and certain times you want one or the other, and sometimes both
:doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Awww, but don't worry: You can pick up a cheap emac or older iMac somewhere down the line when things are looking better...

OP
F

faboloso112

sandals1621 said:
Install OSX on your winblows machine :D

i could, but i got rid of the osx86 dvd. i've decided to not keep any bootleg stuff and stick with all legit software(when it comes to mac stuff that is :p i think their software is actually worth the money....unlike windows xp which is 200 bucks)

and yea, i could get a cheap emac/imac later on but i dont think i want to do that. i would much rather get a 17/20in imac. it would be nice to have a all in one sort of a package.

sigh...it just sucks though :(
im definitely pretty sad i have to let this thing go.

:: pats the G3:: sniff....ill never forget you little guy :(

OP
F

faboloso112

macanal said:
Sorry to hear that dude!
Really if you have both it like having 2 girlfriends the innocent, sophisticated, elegant, posh and cultured brunette and the dirty, nasty, kinky, blonde slappa!!

macanal i couldn't have put it better if i tried. that statement is so friggin true its not even funny.

mac = you keep on comin back to it because it offers quality OS,GUI,SOFTWARE
PC = you keep on going back to it because it offers QUANTITY when it comes to software(compatibility) and games

OP
C

criticular

macanal said:

... so which one is the mac?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
criticular said:
... so which one is the mac?

Well my Powermac is a sophisticated, elegant, posh, kinky blonde and my AMD 64 is definitely a dirty, nasty, brunette slappa.

I wouldn't call either innocent though. :p

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Somehow, I suspect that your only girlfriends are your computers. ;)

Just kidding.

OP
J

john_

faboloso112 said:
just recently bought my first mac(G3, 350mhz, 256mb, 40gb)...only to sell it(sale still pending) off in less than a month due to unexpected financial difficulties :(

i have decided though, my next mac will me one of the new imacs....if/when i can ever get enough cash for that.

ill still hang around the forums....but it sucks not having one....im macless now :(

heck i even had the mac osx86 but im taking the more legal path so after i tinkered w/ it for a while...i gott rid of that just a day or two ago so i dont even have that anymore

a moment of silence if you please :(

EEP, i know how that can be... ah well MAc will always be here waiting 4 ya :)

OP
F

faboloso112

john_ said:
EEP, i know how that can be... ah well MAc will always be here waiting 4 ya :)

thanks for the nice words guys. ya know at first this thread was meant as somewhat of a joke but the more i think about it, the more i realize im definitely going to miss this little guy. but i guess the positive side of this is that i have vowed to buy the first iMac(17-21 lcd ones) with a intel proc in it. then i can rid myself of my PC. have dual boot setup on the imac and use windows if/when i desperately need to.

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
At least you can play Morrowind :D.

Can I ask, why don't you sell the PC and keep the mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BoA said:
At least you can play Morrowind :D.

Can I ask, why don't you sell the PC and keep the mac ?

At a guess I'd say it's because the PC wouldn't sell for much.

Amen-Moses

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
^I guess they don't keep their resale value like Macs...

OP
F

faboloso112

the reason im keeping my pc is because as you guys mentioned, id be loosing a lot more cash if i sold it. second, unfortunately, i DO game and i dont like console systems so im kinda stuck with the PC for now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What I did was build an AMD 64 system for the games. I got very good prices on the Motherboard, CPU and RAM and used my very good other parts. It plays any game I play at maximum resolution that I could ever play and enjoy the game at. Fast and smooth, and use the Macs for everything else. It only set me back maybe $400 for the new parts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis7 said:
What I did was build an AMD 64 system for the games. I got very good prices on the Motherboard, CPU and RAM and used my very good other parts. It plays any game I play at maximum resolution that I could ever play and enjoy the game at. Fast and smooth, and use the Macs for everything else. It only set me back maybe $400 for the new parts.

I can see from your profile that you are as hooked as me on Apple gear!

A few months ago I built a 939-AMD 64 3000+system for my youngest son, X800 Gfx card 1Gb Ram 160G HD. It cost around $800 for all the bits. Last week I built a similar 3200 system for my eldest son with X700 Gfx (I used a crossfire mobo so when the prices come down I can stick in a crossfire enabled X850 card) & a Digital TV card for around $500.

Both sons still play on their PS2's and both have asked for Xbox 360 consoles for Xmas, they aren't getting them though. :black:

Amen-Moses

OP
B

Berman

macanal said:
Sorry to hear that dude!

all my pc does is provide me with humor (and a way to play civ 4). on the humor... the other night i was working on something for my job. (on my 20" imac) i had 3 safari windows open, had itunes playing, bittorrent running, limewire running, word 2004 running to create the document i was making, and an iwork window running (keynote > powerpoint). everything was working perfectly.

next to the imac is the monitor to my pc. (generic 3Ghz machine, standard crap). while doing NOTHING, not even having a screen save running, no open programs, and literally nothing installed on the machine other than office and civ 4... blue screen of death pops up :dummy:

i immediately thought "wow, mac guys would get a kick out of this"

OP
F

faboloso112

Amen-Moses said:
I can see from your profile that you are as hooked as me on Apple gear!

A few months ago I built a 939-AMD 64 3000+system for my youngest son, X800 Gfx card 1Gb Ram 160G HD. It cost around $800 for all the bits. Last week I built a similar 3200 system for my eldest son with X700 Gfx (I used a crossfire mobo so when the prices come down I can stick in a crossfire enabled X850 card) & a Digital TV card for around $500.

Both sons still play on their PS2's and both have asked for Xbox 360 consoles for Xmas, they aren't getting them though. :black:

Amen-Moses

hehe. I guess I dont feel I have the choice to do what you guys mentioned about getting a second computer because my system was a bit more expensive(at least for me)
A64 3700
2GB @ 2-2-2-5 @ 400MHz
36GB 10,000RPM Raptor
X800XL w/ ATI Silencer

at the time it cost about 1100 bucks. If I really wanted, I could just outright buy an imac from the cash i've saved up, but that defeats the purpose of the saved up cash since i need it for tuition and other such things.

i dont want to consider getting the mac mini because even though its nice, it leave little room for expansion for me and plus, i would much rather prefer an all-in-one system like an imac.

Quick Question for you guys: On macs, can you install a SATA drive without worrying about the drivers. For ex, if/when i buy a mac...lets say imac and i want to swap out the 160gb SATA with a 36GB Raptor. Do I need to install anything to make it work(like in windows where you have to put in a d@mn floppy w/ the drivers on it to make it work :( )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
faboloso112 said:
Quick Question for you guys: On macs, can you install a SATA drive without worrying about the drivers. For ex, if/when i buy a mac...lets say imac and i want to swap out the 160gb SATA with a 36GB Raptor. Do I need to install anything to make it work(like in windows where you have to put in a d@mn floppy w/ the drivers on it to make it work :( )

Not sure about the iMac but on my PowerMac I just plugged in a new drive and powered up. The drive was recognised and ready for use in about 10 seconds! (which does make me wonder just *** Windoze is doing for anything up to an hour "formatting" a disk)

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.