External Firewire 800 Hard Drive 7200rpm vs 5400rpm

Reaction score
I am wondering if there will be a difference in data transfer speed between 7200rpm and 5400rpm external hard drives when using Firewire 800? Basically I am deciding whether to buy a 7200rpm drive or a 5400rpm "green" drive.

OP
R
Reaction score
I made a mistake posting this question here, I forgot mac users are like children (they just don't know much about how computers work). It's kinda sad watching Apple hold your hand, while you drool on you jumper suit. Apple make products that 5 year old kids can use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The 7200RPM drive will probably be somewhat faster, but doubt it will be enough to make a huge difference. I use "green" 5400RPM drives in my media Drobo, but that is a RAID-type device. I don't really notice much difference in transfer speeds between a 7200RPM drive vs the 5400RPM Drobo drives, both via FW800.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I made a mistake posting this question here, I forgot mac users are like children (they just don't know much about how computers work). It's kinda sad watching Apple hold your hand, while you drool on you jumper suit. Apple make products that 5 year old kids can use.

Yet you're the one that can't figure out that the bus speed is slower than either hdd.

C

chas_m

With that attitude, I'll just say goodbye now. Best of luck on your next forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.