Lightweight Rich Text Editor?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a lightweight text editor for editing rich text documents and was hoping someone would have a suggestion.

The only feature I need is the ability to *quickly* indent in and indent out, either via a keyboard shortcut or a menu button.

TextEdit contains almost enough functionality for me, except this one feature. This feature is critical for me as I write a lot of technical documentation where the indentation changes constantly. Dragging the indentation markers on the ruler is just too slow.

I've also tried Bean, which is a fantastic editor except that I also couldn't find a way to quickly change the indentation.

If anyone knows of a text editor with this functionality or of a shortcut in TextEdit or Bean that I have missed, I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks very much
-Patrick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
iWork Pages. $19.99 in the Mac App store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.