MacBook - Why won't my wifi work?

Reaction score
I have a MacBook that is somewhat dated (2006 I believe) that I installed snow leopard onto about a year ago. Since then I haven't been able to pick up a wifi signal. An Ethernet cable does the trick, but that defeats the purpose of having a laptop computer. Just wondering if there is an easy solution to this problem, or how difficult it is to downgrade to leopard and reformat the hard drive. Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums TopSneeze.

To downgrade to Leopard will cost you a pretty dollar sum. The Leopard Install Disks are about $150 (don't take that as gospel) but will cost a lot.
Why not Upgrade to Lion ?? which will cost a great deal less. You might want to upgrade the RAM though to help your MB play with Lion better. According to MacTracker you can upgrade to 3GB RAM.
Lion cost $32 here in Australia which is a great deal less than Leopard, unless you have Leopard disks on you already.
But to answer your question, its not that difficult to downgrade, but personally i would Upgrade to Lion.

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Further when connected with the cable, have you gone into the modem/router URL and followed the wireless setup there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.