Macbook Air trackpad click not responding...?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook Air and the mouse will move around but the the clicker won't respond to what I click on the screen, there is a click sound but it dosn't respond to anything.

What can I do? do I need to take the computer apart or what please help!!!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Model, year, specifics

for the machine? Mouse or trackpad problem? Applecare?

Check your settings under System Preferences>Trackpad>point and click?

OP
K
Reaction score
I tried that and it just does not want to respond to anything I try to click on, any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try tapping to click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Depending on your model of macbook air, if you take the bottom case off, right under the trackpad there is a small screw. It will look similar to this: Picture

The newer screws are tri-wing, but a torx will still work. Make small (like 1/8th turn at a time) adjustments, try the trackpad again and see if it works. It took me about 20 minutes of trial and error to get it working correctly on my wife's MBP. Don't over-tighten the screw. It can cause damage to the trackpad. Often, it seems that if it's not picking up clicks, it needs to be tightened (turned to right). If it's too hard to click/too loud, it needs to be loosened. (turned to left).

Take care,
Code

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.