iphoto - show file (like in itunes)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
is there any way i can get iphoto to open up finder and show me the location of whatever file i have highlighted? itunes does this with ctrl-click "show file"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Not that I know of. iPhoto is drag and drop so if you need a file you can just drag it to a folder or your desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No:
iPhoto isn't meant to be used in this way: Apple discourages directly accessing iPhotos directory structure, as it's easy to corrupt your database by tinkering round there.

Just drag 'n drop from the app itself, as trpnmonkey41 suggested.
Alternatively, select export from the share menu.

OP
solarith
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
Aptmunich said:
No:
iPhoto isn't meant to be used in this way: Apple discourages directly accessing iPhotos directory structure, as it's easy to corrupt your database by tinkering round there.

Just drag 'n drop from the app itself, as trpnmonkey41 suggested.
Alternatively, select export from the share menu.

So I need to keep two copies of my photos on my hdd then?--one in iphoto library and one in my own organized directories? There are a lot of programs that do not support drag and drop and having to drag the stuff onto my desktop and then delete it later is really cumbersome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
solarith said:
So I need to keep two copies of my photos on my hdd then?--one in iphoto library and one in my own organized directories? There are a lot of programs that do not support drag and drop and having to drag the stuff onto my desktop and then delete it later is really cumbersome.

i usually make albums and put whatever picture i want in that specific album. then if i need to get them i have a folder on my desktop to export the files to. it really isnt that hard to delete them after you have got them where you need them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.