My iPhone 4S was just stolen

Reaction score
HI guys, just got my iPhone 4S (with last iOs update) stolen yesterday. I’m trying to find it via iCloud, but it seems to be offline. Sent several messages and tried to locked it, but it’s apparently off. Besides, I reported the incident to my carrier so the phone line (sim card) was suspended.

I have some questions:

1. The thieves won’t be able to use the phone line, so the phone will lock or they will get my messages only if they connect through a wi-fi or put a sim card with a valid line, is that correct?

2. I had the photostream option checked, how can I get my photos back at least? Is there a way?

3. If the phone is erased or something, it becomes untraceable? Is that correct? Even if it’s “on” again? Is like “Find My iPhone” forgets about the existen link between my APPLE ID and that equipment?

Thanks again for you support on this matter :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature
1. The thieves won’t be able to use the phone line, so the phone will lock or they will get my messages only if they connect through a wi-fi or put a sim card with a valid line, is that correct?
(

What messages? Answer phone messages? No. iMessages? Yes. Email? Yes.

2. I had the photostream option checked, how can I get my photos back at least? Is there a way?
(

Make sure you are logged in to iCoud and turn PhotoStream on in iPhoto.

3. If the phone is erased or something, it becomes untraceable? Is that correct? Even if it’s “on” again? Is like “Find My iPhone” forgets about the existen link between my APPLE ID and that equipment?
(

Yes, it becomes untraceable via the methods mentioned above. I'm sure the carrier can trace the IMEI, but won't.

Jro

Reaction score
I've heard that you can call your cell phone provider and they can turn it into a fancy iPod with no phone functionality.
It won't get your phone back but at least they won't have a phone either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.