MacBookPro 15" can't do the same that it could do when unboxed first time

Reaction score
Hello,

I just like a minute ago joined here, though i've knew this place for soo long. But anyways i'm a huge fan of StarCraft II, and when it came out i bought it. Now that i had my new MBP 15", i of course straight from the box tried out the game with full graphics and it worked out perfectly. No lag whatsoever, think there was about 59fps. Now that i try to play with the full (Ultra) graphics, it stays at 29 - 30fps. So i have just been wondering that what has happened? I've used this like over a month now and already showing some issues with performance? + Sometimes, it doesn't charge even though it wouldn't be full, saying that "not charging." So i would just like to know that has anyone else experienced anything like this and how can i return back to the nonlagless playing on Sc II. Appreciate it. And i wasn't so sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it to the right place.

Reaction score
There are a number of reasons why this might be happening.
  1. How much RAM are you running?
  2. How many other processes are running in the background (sucking up RAM) while you're playing the game? Go to your Activity Monitor and kill any apps that are necessary to the system or that you're not using (that should free up some RAM that another program is using that you're not).
  3. When was the last time you "cleaned" your computer of all of the clutter and crap that accumlates while you surf the web (such as caches, etc.)? Every little bit of information that your Mac doesn't have to keep at the ready or deal with on a constant basis frees up that much more RAM for you to use for your game.

Just some suggestions.

J.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.