trying learn about digital photo

R

razekworkz

im new to the mac world , i just got a nice powerbook g4. I have been taking pictures for awhile and now that i have a good source to store them i would like to play with 'em. i would like to find a software that allows me to edit and resize for web uploading. something that allows me to use my imagination and turn it into visual unique creations.
Please help me out in finding the tool i need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i think, for your needs, all you need is photoshop elements 3, it will let you play around with pictures and its a great app!

OP
R

razekworkz

very nice, well done men!
i've been reading about the creative suite. it seems to be very helpful set of tools but since its kind of pricy i want to hear what the people using it thiks about it, is it worth spending that kind of money for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Another vote for GIMP and it's free.If you bought a powerbook it should have come with graphic converter which is pretty good in itself. A bit clunky but should start you off immediately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
razekworkz said:
very nice, well done men!
i've been reading about the creative suite. it seems to be very helpful set of tools but since its kind of pricy i want to hear what the people using it thiks about it, is it worth spending that kind of money for it?

Yeah, the adobe creative suite is a tad bit pricey, but if your just wanting to do photo editing you can buy the Photoshop software alone for $600. Still pricey.
I use CS2 for school and work. I love it! Easy to use, can create just about anything.
You might be able to find a 30 day trial some where on the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
elements is a little cheaper, adobe does have trials on there website, you could try elements out before you make the purchase. i think that would be a wise choice, try before you buy.

OP
R

razekworkz

i found the creative suite on an academic store for $440, they require student proof. is this the same thing as the one u buy from adobe for almost $1200?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
razekworkz said:
i found the creative suite on an academic store for $440, they require student proof. is this the same thing as the one u buy from adobe for almost $1200?

Yes, the academic version is the same software. It may not come with all of the manuals, however there is no difference in software.

I would suggest downloading the free 30 day trial of elements, it may be all you need. You can also then download the free 30 day trial of CS2. The entire suite contains much software, you may or may not have uses for the rest. Adobe Bridge is a great tool for sorting and thumbing through RAW files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
photoshop 7.0 and image ready 7.0 (with adobe)

i use it a bit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.