certain youtube videos wont play

Reaction score
This may sound silly but I can't see a certain youtube video that I was able to before. Yes I'm addicted to "Angry Birds" and I use the walkthroughs to help. I was able to view these before but now I can't. I can view other youtube videos and I have the latest Adobe flash. Is there anything on my IMAC 10.6 Snow Leapord that could cause this? Thanks. The web site I'm trying to view is Angry Birds Walkthrough Videos, Golden Eggs, and more | AngryBirdsNest.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are many videos on that site. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. I don't have the time to test all the videos but they do play OK here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Having the latest flash should solve the problem.
If you have VLC try this. It is nice to know. I copied this from this forum.

VLC tips

In VLC, go to File > Open Network…
Open up the YouTube video that you want to watch. Once the video is open, right click the video and select “Copy video URL.”
Switch back to VLC and in the URL field, paste the URL and press open.
That’s it.

Why would you want to do this? There are a few reasons. First, this method will allow you to avoid Flash (you could also use HTML5 but that has issues as well). Second, you can make use of the equalizer which is great for videos in which the audio is important (such as a music video). Third, you can use your media keys and/or a remote to control playback.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I wonder who wrote that glorious set of instructions... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
:Cool:Is it you @vansmith?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.