Illustrator

Reaction score
Just installed Snow Leopard over Leopard and now I have a problem with Illustrator crashing.

Illustrator and Photoshop both worked fine on Leopard. Photoshop is ok on Snow Leopard but Illustrator crashes when I try to open a document, new or existing.

Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

Is it CS3 or later?

What happens when you uninstall and then reinstall it from your original disks?

OP
M
Reaction score
It is shown as Illustrator CS v 11.0. It was on my external drive and ran with no problems with Leopard.
I installed Snow Leopard on my internal drive and that's when it started to crash when I tried to open a new or existing document. I reinstalled the entire suite on my internal drive. Same problem. I did not uninstall the one on my external drive.

C

chas_m

You have the original CS from 2003. That's nearly a decade old. You need to update it to use it on modern systems. They are currently up to CS6 (which should give you some idea of how far behind you are), but anything newer than CS3 should work (I have the CS3 version on my MBP running Lion).

Your version is too old to qualify for upgrade pricing from Adobe, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call, maybe they can work a deal for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.